Thursday, June 23, 2011
The variations in multi- channel strategy
The challenges of a multi-channel strategy are varied:
* Analyze the appetite canal of each client to use the appropriate channel.
* Update in real time all the information collected on the client and actions taken by the various channels.
* Provide a customer reference and not a contract or agency and reference different keys depending on the location of the system where you enter.
* Reorganize the network with the integration of multi-channel approach.
* To improve reception and increase the return rate to increase the effectiveness of campaigns.
* Controlling costs for greater profitability: to avoid cannibalization of a channel with one that would raise the cost of distribution for an identical volume of business.
The most delicate issue is to control the consistency of the channels. Indeed, the proliferation of channels only reinforces the risks associated with direct marketing campaigns: a campaign will generate even more inadequate for dissatisfaction it has been sent two or three times through multiple channels. Each pipe has its constraints that can undermine the effectiveness of a marketing campaign. The combination of more channels and interactivity allow them to circumvent these risks. To do this, the use of multi-channel increases the requirement on the supply, logistics, commercial pressure campaigns, performance monitoring and adjustments as well as organizational, process information system.
In conclusion, this multi-channel strategy, which appeared some years ago, remains in the crosshairs of the current issues. We have well established the online insurance cyber banking and have not had the desired penetration in the market. The trend can still be reversed and for the moment, many drivers have yet to be exploited:
* Messaging customized web portals of all institutions,
* The design of targeted advertising based on the behavior of the user,
* Improved tools subscriptions on the Internet and telephone (secure sites: electronic signature ...)
* Agency home with the setting up of terminals advisors.